Honda TL125 Forum & message boards
- When a user registers for the forum, their posts will be awaiting moderation until the admin has approved them.
- A newly registered user will be unable to post attachments until they have 2 successfully approved posts.
These are helpful security measure against spammers.
- No spam is allowed. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to external material that is not relevant from other websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by the Administrator.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive or insulting comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by the Administrator.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment, provocation or aggressive behaviour to other users of this Forum will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behaviour is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted and users banned from the Forums.
- Bandwidth. All images and signatures must be 500Kb or smaller. Posts containing over-sized images and signatures will be removed. You can resize your images here: tinypng.com
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted. Do not request black market material, passes, or accounts.
- For security reasons, do not publish information or content of a private nature, or any content whatsoever that would allow someone to identify you as an individual (for instance, your name, your address, telephone and email etc.).
- If you are a minor, please ask for your parents’ or legal guardians’ permission before posting any pictures.
- If you want to post pictures of other people, please ask for their permission first. If they are minors, ask their legal guardians.
Gallery & Images
- Please limit the file size of your images to 64mb. You can reduce the size of your images here – tinypng.com
- If you would like to add a video, please consider using YouTube or Vimeo and posting a link.We are trying to avoid large file uploads to the site to keep it running smoothly and increase this websites lifespan.
Attach Multiple Images into a Post
- Click Attach files in the bottom left of the post.
- Click ‘Attach Files’ and find your images.
- Click ‘Start Upload’.
- Select your images (right-hand side tickbox) and click ‘insert into post’ green button.
- Multiple images should be inserted into the post.
If you need some help setting up your Forum Account here are some tips.
Creating a Forum Account
- To set up a Forum Account, you’ll need to choose a username and input your email address.
- You’ll be sent an email asking you to set up a password.
- Login to your settings HERE
- Once you have logged in to the forum you should see a page a bit like this:
- You should be able to update your details
Updating your Avatar / Profile Photo
- From your dashboard, you will be directed to Gravatar to create an account and upload an avatar attached to your email you have used to login to the site
*make sure the email you have used for the HondaTL125.com forum is the same as your Gravatar Account*
- If you are looking for an avatar, try this website, or upload your own.
Petrol tank paint and decal questions
hi, I’m a new member from Surrey Uk, I have recently bought a 1973 TL 125and I need to know the size and location of the red panel on the tank?
if anyone can assist with pictures and measurements that would be great.
I will post some photos and graphics dimensions from a new tank in the next few days.
in the meantime, here is a video link you may be interested in, TL125 fuel tank complete restoration.
Nudge, poke, prod.....
Nudge, poke, prod.....
In reply to your nudge poke and prod request, I am sorry I did not respond quick enough, I unexpectedly had a close family member fall ill prior to xmas and had to travel away immediately without access to a PC after I posted, this site is not a business so I don't review comments on the forum every day. Sorry.
Ed .did you post the info on graphics dimensions? I have been tasked with putting 1976 TL125 back to it's former glory .It's presently just white so i need some info or someone who will repaint the tank and panels?
My father purchased two 1973 Honda TL125's back in the 70's, one for him and one for my brother. When I got old enough (and I was a late child), I kind of took over my father's bike and still own it today. I recently looked online for new side panels as mine have finally bit the dust and I noticed that nearly all the pictures of the bike I saw had the green or red painted on the gas tank. My brother's has the green paint and honda emblem but my gas tank is all silver. Did they make them with the all silver gas tank or is my gas tank not original to the bike? Please speak in simple language 🙂 All I know about the bike is that I've been riding it since I was nine and I'm now 50! The only thing I ever did mechanically is use a petcock kit to fix the petcock thingy when it started leaking! But I love the bike and it's a sentimental relic to me now.
You did not state where you are at so I can only comment on USA bikes. 73's were Tahitian red,74's were candy sapphire blue,75's were Tahitian red and 76's shiny orange. Fenders and side covers were cloud silver,tanks were painted cloud silver first color put on over that.
Thank you. I finally did find a page that gave the specifications of the bike and even a description of the decals. I assume the gas tank had been repainted before my father purchased the bike and just left silver. We actually purchased the bikes in Japan while my father was stationed there. When we returned to the US, we had to dismantle the bikes to ship them and labeled each part as to which bike it belonged to and reassembled them here.
I have a 74 125, the precious owner coated the inside of the tank with an epoxy like substance some 20 years ago, and it is flaking off near the neck. Is there a way to remove the epoxy and do a proper restoration to the inside of the tank?