Honda TL125 Forum & message boards
- When a user registers for the forum, their posts will be awaiting moderation until the admin has approved them.
- A newly registered user will be unable to post attachments until they have 2 successfully approved posts.
These are helpful security measure against spammers.
- No spam is allowed. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to external material that is not relevant from other websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by the Administrator.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive or insulting comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by the Administrator.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment, provocation or aggressive behaviour to other users of this Forum will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behaviour is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted and users banned from the Forums.
- Bandwidth. All images and signatures must be 500Kb or smaller. Posts containing over-sized images and signatures will be removed. You can resize your images here: tinypng.com
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted. Do not request black market material, passes, or accounts.
- For security reasons, do not publish information or content of a private nature, or any content whatsoever that would allow someone to identify you as an individual (for instance, your name, your address, telephone and email etc.).
- If you are a minor, please ask for your parents’ or legal guardians’ permission before posting any pictures.
- If you want to post pictures of other people, please ask for their permission first. If they are minors, ask their legal guardians.
Gallery & Images
- Please limit the file size of your images to 64mb. You can reduce the size of your images here – tinypng.com
- If you would like to add a video, please consider using YouTube or Vimeo and posting a link.We are trying to avoid large file uploads to the site to keep it running smoothly and increase this websites lifespan.
Attach Multiple Images into a Post
- Click Attach files in the bottom left of the post.
- Click ‘Attach Files’ and find your images.
- Click ‘Start Upload’.
- Select your images (right-hand side tickbox) and click ‘insert into post’ green button.
- Multiple images should be inserted into the post.
If you need some help setting up your Forum Account here are some tips.
Creating a Forum Account
- To set up a Forum Account, you’ll need to choose a username and input your email address.
- You’ll be sent an email asking you to set up a password.
- Login to your settings HERE
- Once you have logged in to the forum you should see a page a bit like this:
- You should be able to update your details
Updating your Avatar / Profile Photo
- From your dashboard, you will be directed to Gravatar to create an account and upload an avatar attached to your email you have used to login to the site
*make sure the email you have used for the HondaTL125.com forum is the same as your Gravatar Account*
- If you are looking for an avatar, try this website, or upload your own.
Shift mechanism issue
Hello, So recently I started having an issue with my CT125 (same motor as the TL125) 1977. I put-on a new carb, check my timing, spark, jets, etc... and nothing has resolved my issue and today I think I found the problem...
What happens is, I can shift from 1st, 2nd, 3rd just fine no issues. Bike pulls hard and runs fantastic. The second I shift into 4th, does not matter speed, etc... it bogs down and kills the engine. Originally I thought my float height was off so messed with that, went back to timing, spark and nothing changed. I can shift back down to "N" and the bike fires up right away. Try it again, same thing.
So today I popped off the clutch cover and checked over the shift star and spring roller piece. What is happening is the roller piece is getting caught in-between 3rd and 4th gear and similar with 4th and 5th when I test it by hand. I can shift the trans by hand 1,2,3 perfectly but the second I try to shift to 4th, bam...gets caught and the drive sprocket is really hard to turn which in return is bogging down and killing the engine.
I am considering splitting the cases and checking the shift drum. Possibly bent fork? Maybe the roller thing for the shift star is at fault? I did have to replace the spring when I bought the bike but this is a relatively new issue. It was fine for roughly 100-150 miles.
Any thoughts or tips to check into? Sometimes it'll shift on the bench really smoothly and I can go 1,2,3,4,5 and back with no issues but not very often.
Thanks for reading!
I think you've just about done everything apart from pulling the cases apart and checking for damage. Cleanliness can also be an issue if the oil is not changed enough and sludge can form. Get a parts book and ensure all the washers on the ends of the gear shafts are there as well as these sometimes get missed on a rebuild. Another thing I've found is that the position you have the gear change leaver makes a difference as well, I have mine pointing virtually straight up (even on my road bike) and change up gear using my heal. I've found if the lever is flat I can't get enough leverage to change gear smoothly.
Let me know if you find any damaged parts as I may have spares.
Thanks for sharing such a valuable information.